- Linking the Green Economy to National Happiness
- Simple Living: The Shipping Container!
- Eat and be merry, but leave some fish behind
- How to Make Origami Newspaper Seedling Pots
- A Message from Earth Hour Ambassador Miranda Kerr
- How to Green Your Conferences and Meetings
- Coalition chips in with big win for forestry industry
- Airconditioned lifestyle for South East Queenslanders
- amanda rootsey (1)
- eco-cabin (1)
- eco-model (1)
- ntaional happiness, preserving the planet, happiness for all, green economies, inidgenous, human right, (1)
- off the grid (1)
- origami newspaper seedling pots, sustainable, living, soil, plant, seeds, pot, green, instructions, steps, seedlings (1)
- seafood, christmas, sustainable, supermarkets, fishmongers, tuna, salmon, future, resources, chefs, (1)
- shipping container (1)
- simple living (1)
- sustainability, earth hour, planet, difference, globally, ambassador, miranda kerr, recycle, organic, environmentally friendly, (1)
- sustainability, green, business, meetings, practices, events, environmental impact, facilities selection, transport, food, communication, conferences, carbon emissions (1)
- sustainable (1)
- wellness warrior (1)
I am pleased to have been asked to be the global ambassador for Earth Hour 2011.
Each of us has a responsibility for the sustainability of our planet and each of us can make a difference if we choose to do so.
On 26 March at 8:30pm Earth Hour 2011 will take place - globally. This is an opportunity for every individual, every business and every community to switch their lights off for one hour in a collective display of commitment to protect the one thing that unites us all - the planet.
I will personally be participating in the Earth Hour event on 26 March 2011 along with hundreds of millions of people globally and I will continue to adopt sustainability practices thereafter in my everyday life....
Some of the things that I recommend we can do in our homes:
* Buy local produce from markets thereby reducing food miles
* Walking or riding the bike wherever possible as opposed to driving
* Ensure the car tyres are always inflated to the correct level as they use less fuel
* Use fuel with Ethanol
* Turn off the lights and use organic or beeswax candles a lot of the time
* Unplug appliances when they are not in use
* Use heating and cooling when absolutely necessary
* Wash in mostly cold water
* Use chemical-free dish washing, washing powder and cleaning products
* Recycle, recycle, recycle
* Buy products with the highest recyclability
* Purchase clothes that are ethically made, not mass produced
* Dress in Organic clothing
* Install water-saving nozzles on all taps including showers
* Compost scraps whenever possible
* Prepare food plans so as to avoid food wastage
* Grow herbs and spices
* Have timed showers to use less water
* Water the plants of an evening
* Bury food scraps in the garden bed to feed the earth worms or compost
* Collecting grey water from bath and use it to water plants
* Using Certified Organic personal care products (avoid using chemicals)
* Wash the car on the grass with environmentally friendly car wash
* Buy Certified Organic or Farmers markets produce. I understand that certified organics can be expensive, but local farmers markets for the most part are usually reasonable. On my blog (www.koraorganics.com/blog) I include a list of Farmers Markets from around the world so that people will have ready access to the same.
Together we can make a difference! For further details on how you can participate in Earth Hour plus take Earth Hour - "Beyond the Hour" refer to www.earthhour.org I look forward to hearing from you.
Love Miranda xxx
What do you think of Earth Hours choice for ambassador? Will you follow Miranda's advice this month?
- Trackback Link
- Post has no trackbacks.
Cyclones less likely but floods possible22-Oct-2012
RESIDENTS of Australia's tropical north will experience fewer cyclones than usual this summer, but f..
NSW farmers want better drought package22-Oct-2012
NSW farmers want the state government to use an upcoming primary industries meeting to secure a ..
If you're not already doing it, it's likely you will be soon. And if you’re atta..
SubscribeIf you enjoyed this post you may wish to subscribe to our RSS feed.
Subscribe to RSS feed
What is RSS feed?